The backsurface of the HydroMed can be fully customized to get a perfect fit after a Post Lasik, Post Graft or any other corneal and scleral irregularities. Due to its patented design, the oxygen supply and comfort is the same as with standard contact lenses.
- Spherical back optic zone with customisable spherical flattening (inverted or not)
- Front toric optic zone
- Dynamic stabilisation with bumps nasal and temporal
- Available with optimized center thickness
Multifocal-torical front optic zone in Bifocal (Bf) / Simple progressive (Sp) / Multi progressive (Mp)
- Total diameter: 12.00 -> 17.00 mm
- Base curve: 7.00 -> 12.00 mm
- Sphere: -40.00 -> + 40.00 dpt
- Cylinder: -0.25 -> -8.00 dpt
- Axe: 0° -> 180°
- Addition: +0.50 -> +4.00 dpt
- Central optical zone Zoc: 1.00 -> 4.50 mm
- Flattening: 1 or 2 customisable peripheral zones
steps 0.01 mm / 0.01 dpt / 1°
We suggest working with trial lenses with cyl −0.01 dpt.
- Post Lasik: 2 curves (S1S), 1 inverted flattening
- Post keratoplasty: 3 curves (S2S), 2 customisable flattening (inverted or not)
Diameter and base curve: 1st trial lens
- ØT: corneal diameter + 2.5 mm
- ØO: central operated optic diameter measured by topography. Otherwise default value
- rO: rcfl + 0.30 mm
- Ø1 (S2S):external diameter of the operated zone
- r1 (S1S) and r2 (S2S): standard base curve of a soft contact lens (~8.70 mm)
- r1 (S2S): overlapping zone (Zr), if rO < r2: r1 = r2 + ~0.30 mm / if rO > r2: r1 = r2 − ~0.30 mm
- The first trial lens helps to validate base curves and diameters. Dynamic stabilisation marks are needed to measure the stabilisation axis.
- F’v for the trial lens order: spectacle sphere (adjust BVD = 0) with −0.01 dpt × 180° cylinder.
- For changes and control over several months always use the initial (genesis) lens for over refraction.
- It’s possible to use virtual fitting assistant to determine the different zones.
- We recommend using Fluorescein with large molecules to detect and identify problems resulting from the fit.
- Measure the residual astigmatism by autorefactometer plus subjective refractometry.
- Due to inverted flattening, a weak mobility of the contact lens is normal.
- It’s possible to modify centre thickness to adjust cornea irregularities (see HydroCone).
- HydroMed P fitting: initially fit with HydroMed (single vision toric lens) then add progression in a second step