The FlexCone is a multicurve custom made RGP keratoconus lens for all stages of keratoconus. It offers a geometry for early and one for advance stages and the curves of this contact lens can be adjusted individually comparing the corneal topography from the patient.
- Spherical back optic zones
- 3 curve spherical flattening
- FlexCone : Spherical front optic zone
- FlexCone P: Front optic zone:
- Bifocal (Bf)
- Simple progressive (Sp)
- Total diameter: 7.50 -> 12.00 mm
- Base curve: 5.70 -> 9.00 mm
- Sphere: -40.00 -> + 40.00 dpt
- Addition: +0.50 -> +4.00 dpt
- Central optical zone Zoc: 1.00 -> 4.50 mm
steps 0.01 mm / 0.01 dpt / 1°
- We suggest to use our trial set
- Geometry choice
- Keratoconus grade 1 and 2 and / or keratometry > 6.8 mm: FlexCone K12
- Keratoconus grade 3 and 4 and / or keratometry < 6.8 mm: FlexCone K34
- Total diameter: Ø Cornea − 2.0 mm (Standard 9.20 mm)
- Base curve: (rcfl + rcst) / 2
- Sphere: eyeglasses sphere (Vertex power = 0) −(rcfl − rO) * 5
- Increase diameter according to cone position.
- If the contact lens is too flat or too steep in centre: modify r0 accordingly.
- If the contact lens is too steep in periphery with K12 change to K34. If it’s too flat with K34 change to K12. Keep the same r0.
- If the fitting is not optimal change to SxS.
- Order the definitive contact lens on line using the form “Back surface design”.